The Collider, an innovation programme of Mobile World Capital Barcelona, bridges the gap between science and market to create disruptive technology-based startups. To make it possible, the programme fosters entrepreneurial attitude in universities and uses the researcher – entrepreneur formula to create new high-value companies.
The Call for Technologies for the new 2021 edition of The Collider, the innovation and tech transfer programme of Mobile World Capital Barcelona, has annunced this year’s open call. The challenges of the new edition were defined by more than 100 corporations and are grouped in 5 main areas: Health, Industry 4.0, Energy, Mobility and Agri-Food.
By the end of the Call for Technologies, the 15 best projects that overcome corporate challenges will be selected and will be invited to take part in The Collider’s new edition. The selected projects will receive €2000 financial support thanks to the collaboration between the Generalitat de Catalunya and The Collider programme.
The focus of the Collider programme is the technologies’ maturity stage, meaning that they reward the projects that are developed enough to start piloting and testing. Entering to The Collider helps universities and research institutions apply and test their scientific know-how in real life.
The programme is designed for PhDs, Postdocs, Master’s students or researchers who are involved
into university research group or research centre and want to make a positive impact on society with
Who is the program aimed at:
- Master’s or PhD candidates, post-docs or researchers associated with a research group at a university or research or technology centre that have authorization from their institutions.
- Have demonstrable experience and expert knowledge in artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things, virtual reality, 3-D modelling, medical devices, industrial hardware, robotics, materials, blockchain and 5G, among others.
What do they offer:
- Entrepreneurship programme: The programme starts after the technologies that solve the sectorial challenges have been selected:
- Phase 1: Opportunity Validation (14/04 al 6/06). Oriented to validate technology with the industry and define its degree of transferability. By the end of this phase, an industry experts committee will select the projects that can move to the next stage.
- Phase 2: Business Validation (6/09 al 17/12). the Collider programme will team you up with experienced entrepreneurs and all together you will work on definition of aMVP and a business plan for your future startup.
- Market Validation: Technology validation and pilot development with leading corporations in their sectors.
- Mentorship: Work with expert mentors from large companies and successful startups, who will advise you during validation stage of the process
- Funding: By the end of the Business Validation, the investment committee will select the projects eligible to set up their deep tech startup with up to €100.000 of seed capital from MWCapital investment fund.
- Technological Hub: Develop your project from Pier01 – BCN TechCity, the most important technological hub in southern Europe.
Do you know someone who could be interested in this challenge? Let them know as soon as possible because the Call closes on 7th March 2021!