The Spanish State Research Agency (AEI) has opened the call for PhD contracts to be performed at Maria de Maeztu Excellence Research Units. The period to apply is from January 12th, 2023 to January 26th, 2023 at 14:00h CET
The CRM is one of the six Maria de Maeztu Units of Excellence awarded by the Spanish State Research Agency (AEI) on the 2020 Call. The ‘Severo Ochoa’ and ‘Maria de Maeztu’ Excellence Centers and Units program aims to recognize public research organizations, in any scientific field, that stand out for the relevance and international impact of their research.
The award provides funding for the proposed strategic research plan, aimed at consolidating the centre’s scientific capabilities and enhancing its ability to attract talent over the next four years. It is obtained after a rigorous evaluation process carried out by an international committee consisting of top scientists, in accordance with the most demanding standards.
The CRM is offering FIVE fully-funded PhD positions to candidates who are interested to pursue their PhD Studies at the centre, in the following research areas:
|REFERENCE||Nº OF POSITIONS||DESCRIPTION|
|CEX2020-001084-M-20-1||1||Analysis and PDE´s (Research groups/supervisors in this line)|
|CEX2020-001084-M-20-2||1||Neuroscience (Research groups/supervisors in this line)|
|CEX2020-001084-M-20-3||1||Combinatorics, logic and algorithmics (Research groups/supervisors in this line)|
|CEX2020-001084-M-20-4||1||Climate change and Natural Hazards (Research groups/supervisors in this line)|
|CEX2020-001084-M-20-5||1||Algebra, Geometry, Number Theory and Topology (Research groups/supervisors in this line)|
The positions are funded through the call “Ayudas para contratos predoctorales para la formación de doctores/as 2022”. Applications will be open from 12 to 26 January 2023 through the following link. The call is managed by the Spanish Agency for Research (AEI, acronym in Spanish).
For further scientific information, please contact with the corresponding supervisors. If you are interested in applying to this call or have any enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “FPI-MDM-YourName”.
At the time of submission, candidates:
- Should have not received funding from the Spanish Programme for Research with the aim to pursue his/her PhD studies.
- Should hold a degree which would formally entitle him/her to join a doctoral programme for the academic course 2023-2024 or 2024-2025 (i.e should have finished an European Master Degree, be taking such degree or registering for it in 2023). The expected master could be in fundamental or applied mathematics, or other relevant topics, depending on the research line (engineering, computer science, etc). Should have not been granted any other PhD scholarship with a duration of 12 months or more, and she/he should not have a PhD degree.
- Should be in the position to be legally accepted in the PhD Programme of the UAB, UB or UPC .
- Advanced English speaking, willingness to learn Spanish if not a speaker yet.
Hiring conditions are set by the Spanish Ministry, and they will be detailed in the Call for “Contratos predoctorales 2022”. Here are the main features for the previous call (note that quantities may slightly change):
- 4-year PhD fellowship with an annual evaluation. The gross salary will be approximately 16,640 euros gross for the first and second years, 17,830 for the third year, and 22,290 for the fourth. Gross means here that you would get about 85% of that in your bank account (i.e., 15% of income and social security taxes).
- The programme also includes a package of about 6,880 Euros to attend conferences, fieldwork and/or secondments during the duration of the fellowship.
If you don’t have a MINECO account:
- Go to MINECO in “Registro Investigador” option. This first step consists in creating your personal account with your personal data at the MINECO website. This account will not be useful only for this call but for any MINECO funding call. In the RUS (“unified register for candidates”) form please make sure that the response to the question “¿Es también investigador?” (“are you also a researcher?”) is “Sí” (“yes”)
- Once you create your account you will receive an email for the account activation. You should press the link of that email so as to activate your account. From this moment on you will receive any communication from the MINECO in that email account. Please, do not change this contact information until the final resolution of the grant.
If you have a MINECO account:
- Login to the website https://aplicaciones.ciencia.gob.es/ayudaspredoctorales/ and click “Añadir”.
- Select by Reference Code (see above). Note that you can only apply for ONE Position.
- Click “Crear Solicitud” and then choose “Editar” option.
- Fill the 4 sections (“Personal data”, “Academic data”, “Requirement of the candidates” and add the corresponding documents: CV, academic record, etc.)
- Once the application is complete, click “Definitivo” to generate the application form and make sure that you send it by electronic signature (Spanish residents in Spain). Through the Spanish consulate if you are abroad (foreign researchers and Spanish citizens nor residents in Spain). The postal address is the following:
Subdivisión de Planificación y Gestión Administrativa
División de Programación y Gestión Económica y Administrativa
Agencia Estatal de Investigación
Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación
Calle Torrelaguna 58 bis, 28027 Madrid
The Transportation Research Board (TRB) held its annual meeting in Washington, D.C. last January. The event brought together leading transportation experts, researchers, and professionals from around the world to exchange knowledge and...
The new arrivals at CRM this January are joining the Harmonic Analysis and Approximation Theory group and the Complex Systems Group.
Researchers from the CAFE project have collaborated with the book series Els contes de La Laura i en Joan (The Laura and Joan’s Stories), where the characters explore mathematical models that help predict extreme weather phenomena.
The Spanish State Research Agency (AEI) call for PhD contracts is currently opened until January 26th 2023, 14.00h CET. This Programme offers positions for the training of graduates who wish to do a PhD at research groups whose projects have been funded by the AEI in 2022.
n the first months of the 2022-2023 academic year, 5 pre-docs and 9 post-docs have joined the CRM research staff, 7 of which were supported by the Maria de Maeztu (MdM) award. They have joined groups from a wide spectrum of fields, from...
Tim Myers, PI from the CRM Industrial Mathematics Group, Participates in a Workshop at the University College Dublin
The talk, a joint work with Alba Cabrera-Codony from the Universitat de Girona, was part of a workshop organized by Miguel Bustamante (UCD) and held on December 5th and 6th, 2022.im Myers, principal investigator at the CRM...
The Stanford University Releases an Update for its World Ranking of the Top 2% Scientists, with 9 CRM researchers
A new update of the list of the World’s Top 2% scientists, an international ranking of the world’s most cited scientists in various disciplines, has been released by the Stanford University. Researchers from the Centre de Recerca Matemàtica appear both on the 2021 and the career-long lists.
On Friday 18th, the Seminari Interdisciplinari per a Joves Investigadors en Matemàtiques (SIJIMat), organized by young postdoctoral researchers and PhD students at CRM, held its first session.
EscoLab és una iniciativa de Barcelona Ciència i Universitats de l’Ajuntament de Barcelona, amb la participació dels centres de recerca que ofereixen les diverses activitats.El passat 21 de novembre l’auditori del CRM va acollir un grup...
This November, Giovanni Dalmasso and Filip Ivancic have joined CRM research groups as postdoctoral researchers. They both join groups within the Mathematical Biology area.
L’Auditori del CRM acull el taller ‘La importància de la ciència en l’era de l’antropocè: La química i la física com a resposta’
L’activitat, a càrrec de professor de professors de la facultat de ciències de la UAB, s’emmarca dintre de la 27ª Setmana de la Ciència de Catalunya organitzada por la Fundació Catalana per a la Recerca i la Innovació (FCRI) y la Generalitat de Catalunya.
A continuación podeu consultar els criteris de priorització de les sol·licituds presentades per a la convocatòria d’Ajuts Joan Oró per a la contractació de personal investigador predoctoral en formació (FI 2023), dirigits a...