The Spanish State Research Agency (AEI) has opened the call for PhD contracts to be performed at Maria de Maeztu Excellence Research Units. The period to apply is from January 12th, 2023 to January 26th, 2023 at 14:00h CET
The CRM is one of the six Maria de Maeztu Units of Excellence awarded by the Spanish State Research Agency (AEI) on the 2020 Call. The ‘Severo Ochoa’ and ‘Maria de Maeztu’ Excellence Centers and Units program aims to recognize public research organizations, in any scientific field, that stand out for the relevance and international impact of their research.
The award provides funding for the proposed strategic research plan, aimed at consolidating the centre’s scientific capabilities and enhancing its ability to attract talent over the next four years. It is obtained after a rigorous evaluation process carried out by an international committee consisting of top scientists, in accordance with the most demanding standards.
The CRM is offering FIVE fully-funded PhD positions to candidates who are interested to pursue their PhD Studies at the centre, in the following research areas:
|REFERENCE||Nº OF POSITIONS||DESCRIPTION|
|CEX2020-001084-M-20-1||1||Analysis and PDE´s (Research groups/supervisors in this line)|
|CEX2020-001084-M-20-2||1||Neuroscience (Research groups/supervisors in this line)|
|CEX2020-001084-M-20-3||1||Combinatorics, logic and algorithmics (Research groups/supervisors in this line)|
|CEX2020-001084-M-20-4||1||Climate change and Natural Hazards (Research groups/supervisors in this line)|
|CEX2020-001084-M-20-5||1||Algebra, Geometry, Number Theory and Topology (Research groups/supervisors in this line)|
The positions are funded through the call “Ayudas para contratos predoctorales para la formación de doctores/as 2022”. Applications will be open from 12 to 26 January 2023 through the following link. The call is managed by the Spanish Agency for Research (AEI, acronym in Spanish).
For further scientific information, please contact with the corresponding supervisors. If you are interested in applying to this call or have any enquiries, please contact email@example.com with the subject “FPI-MDM-YourName”.
At the time of submission, candidates:
- Should have not received funding from the Spanish Programme for Research with the aim to pursue his/her PhD studies.
- Should hold a degree which would formally entitle him/her to join a doctoral programme for the academic course 2023-2024 or 2024-2025 (i.e should have finished an European Master Degree, be taking such degree or registering for it in 2023). The expected master could be in fundamental or applied mathematics, or other relevant topics, depending on the research line (engineering, computer science, etc). Should have not been granted any other PhD scholarship with a duration of 12 months or more, and she/he should not have a PhD degree.
- Should be in the position to be legally accepted in the PhD Programme of the UAB, UB or UPC .
- Advanced English speaking, willingness to learn Spanish if not a speaker yet.
Hiring conditions are set by the Spanish Ministry, and they will be detailed in the Call for “Contratos predoctorales 2022”. Here are the main features for the previous call (note that quantities may slightly change):
- 4-year PhD fellowship with an annual evaluation. The gross salary will be approximately 16,640 euros gross for the first and second years, 17,830 for the third year, and 22,290 for the fourth. Gross means here that you would get about 85% of that in your bank account (i.e., 15% of income and social security taxes).
- The programme also includes a package of about 6,880 Euros to attend conferences, fieldwork and/or secondments during the duration of the fellowship.
If you don’t have a MINECO account:
- Go to MINECO in “Registro Investigador” option. This first step consists in creating your personal account with your personal data at the MINECO website. This account will not be useful only for this call but for any MINECO funding call. In the RUS (“unified register for candidates”) form please make sure that the response to the question “¿Es también investigador?” (“are you also a researcher?”) is “Sí” (“yes”)
- Once you create your account you will receive an email for the account activation. You should press the link of that email so as to activate your account. From this moment on you will receive any communication from the MINECO in that email account. Please, do not change this contact information until the final resolution of the grant.
If you have a MINECO account:
- Login to the website https://aplicaciones.ciencia.gob.es/ayudaspredoctorales/ and click “Añadir”.
- Select by Reference Code (see above). Note that you can only apply for ONE Position.
- Click “Crear Solicitud” and then choose “Editar” option.
- Fill the 4 sections (“Personal data”, “Academic data”, “Requirement of the candidates” and add the corresponding documents: CV, academic record, etc.)
- Once the application is complete, click “Definitivo” to generate the application form and make sure that you send it by electronic signature (Spanish residents in Spain). Through the Spanish consulate if you are abroad (foreign researchers and Spanish citizens nor residents in Spain). The postal address is the following:
Subdivisión de Planificación y Gestión Administrativa
División de Programación y Gestión Económica y Administrativa
Agencia Estatal de Investigación
Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación
Calle Torrelaguna 58 bis, 28027 Madrid
Eva Miranda, a Full Professor at the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya and affiliated researcher at CRM, has been invited to give a lecture in the Nachdiplom series at ETH Zurich. Her lecture, titled “Singular Symplectic Manifolds,” is scheduled for the fall of 2025 and is expected to delve into the intricacies of this complex topic, a subject she has extensively researched since 2009.
The Centre de Recerca Matemàtica (CRM) welcomes a dynamic group of members, including Jordi Castellví in Combinatorics, Mariona Fucho Rius as the new Scientific Comm Officer, Alexandre Garcia-Duran in Neuroscience, Pablo Nicolás in Algebra and Geometry, Amaia Vielba in Computational Biology, and Søren István Adorján Dyhr in fluid dynamics. Each brings a unique blend of expertise and interdisciplinary focus, enhancing CRM’s research landscape in mathematics and its applications.
Xavier Ros Oton, ICREA Research Professor, Full Professor at the University of Barcelona, and affiliated researcher at CRM, has been awarded a Consolidator Grant by the European Research Council to develop a project on Partial Differential...
The Centre de Recerca Matemàtica (CRM) and the Institut de Ciències del Mar (ICM) organised a 4-day event to explore new ways to collaborate both at the research and institutional levels.
Josep Sardanyés, investigador principal del grup de Biologia Matemàtica i Computacional , va impartir una xerrada divulgativa sobre la teoria del caos a estudiants de tercer i quart d’ESO de l’Institut Pla Marcell (Cardedeu) amb el títol “Què és el caos?”.
Durant la Setmana de la Ciència, el Centre de Recerca Matemàtica (CRM) va organitzar dues activitats de divulgació per destacar la interdisciplinarietat de la recerca matemàtica, amb una jornada de portes obertes amb xerrades sobre neurociència, la...
The CRM is offering 9 positions as part of the INPhINIT Incoming Call 2024 granted by ''la Caixa'' Foundation.Application Deadline: 24 January 2024, 2 pm (Peninsular Spain time)The "la Caixa" Foundation is offering 30 doctoral fellowships for...
Álvaro Corral i Pere Puig parlen a Girona sobre com afrontar la incertesa dels fenòmens naturals i socials
Els investigadors del CRM Álvaro Corral i Pere Puig van impartir dues conferències en el marc del cicle Contemporàlia | Ciència de la Universitat de Girona, on van il·lustrar el poder de les matemàtiques per predir i analitzar fenòmens tan diversos...
Expanding from earlier initiatives like the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA) or the Leiden Manifesto, CoARA widens its scope beyond a simple statement of purpose. It actively encourages organizations to pledge their commitment to overhaul their assessment methods within a defined time frame, spanning from 2022 to 2027.
A new article by Abel Valverde (Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya), Alba Cabrera-Codony (Universitat de Girona), Marc Calvo-Schwarzwalder (Zayed University) and Timothy G. Myers (Centre de Recerca Matemàtica), published by the International...
La Unitat de Transferència del Coneixement del CRM col·labora en un projecte que aplica models matemàtics per proporcionar un control en temps real per a la cocció de la carn, assegurant una cocció uniforme i al punt desitjat. A la cuina, com a la...
El Centre de Recerca Matemàtica va participar a la Nit de la Recerca Europea, un esdeveniment públic destinat a acostar la ciència i la investigació a públics de totes les edats i difondre la innovació d'una manera...