POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOW IN ENVIRONMENTAL APPLICATIONS OF MATHEMATICS - REF. 2023-013-P04400
The Industrial Mathematics group at the CRM is seeking a Post-doctoral researcher to join the project Environmental applications of diffusion with a moving boundary. The project focus is on the analysis and solution of advection-diffusion systems to model contaminant removal, such as carbon/greenhouse gas capture or remediation of drinking water, and heat flow in green roofs. The work will be in collaboration with experimental partners in both Spain and South Africa.
This contract is envisaged to start in 4th September 2023 (according to availability) and will last for 12 months.
Applications will be accepted until June 30th, 2023.
- Developing and analysing mathematical models for contaminant removal and heat flow.
- Developing analytical and numerical solutions.
- Controlling group webpage/social media.
- PhD/MSc supervision.
- PhD before Sept, 2023
- Experience in developing mathematical models for physical processes.
- Experience in analytical and numerical methods for partial differential equations.
- Good command of the English language.
- Duration of the contract: 12 months.
- Salary as established by collective agreement
EVALUATION PROCESS AND CRITERIA
The selection process will be evaluated by the CRM Director or deputy director, the principal investigator of the Industrial Mathematics Research group, Prof. Tim Myers, and another member from the research group. This process consists in:
- Admission of candidates: applicants must submit a curriculum vitae and a cover letter by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as address scientific enquiries to email@example.com , until 30th June 2023 indicating the reference code of the offer. Requests referred from another portal, other than the CRM job offers section and the instructions contained therein, will not be accepted.
- Shortlist: assessment of the fulfilment of the minimum requirements of the offer.
- Selection: evaluation of the shortlisted candidates by a total score according to objective criteria.
- Final decision: If we find the right person, the resolution will be formally communicated and will be published in the CRM careers section.