Post-doctoral researcher in industrial mathematics (Ref. 2022-010-P04400)
The Industrial Mathematics Research Group at the Centre de Recerca Matemàtica (CRM) in Barcelona is seeking a Post-doctoral researcher to join the project Exploiting mathematics to aid in the design of adsorption columns (PDC2021-121088-I00) This contract is envisaged to start in December 2022 (according to availability) and will last until November 30th, 2023.
The project involves mathematicians and environmental chemists and will build on the group’s previous work on modeling the removal of environmental contaminants, such as greenhouse gases from the air and industrial outlets or pharmaceuticals and Volatile Organic Compounds from water. The ultimate goal is to develop software, taking advantage of mathematical techniques, which will provide accurate and efficient results and so aid in the design and improvement of sorption equipment.
Applications will be accepted until October 15th, 2022.
- Developing numerical solutions of advection-diffusion systems.
- Data collection and comparison against numerical solutions.
- Controlling group webpage/social media.
- Liaising between group collaborators (mathematicians, chemists and future industrial partners).
- PhD in Mathematics, Physics or Engineering.
- Experience in analytical and numerical methods for partial differential equations.
- Good command of the English language.
- Duration of the contract: until 11/30/2023
- Salary as established by collective agreement
EVALUATION PROCESS AND CRITERIA
The selection process will be evaluated by the CRM Director or deputy director, the principal investigator of the Industrial Mathematics Research group, Prof. Tim Myers, and another member of the research group. This process consists of:
- Admission of candidates: applicants must submit a curriculum vitae and a cover letter by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as address scientific inquiries to email@example.com, until 15th Oct. 2022 indicating the reference code of the offer. Requests referred from another portal, other than the CRM job offers section and the instructions contained therein, will not be accepted.
- Shortlist: assessment of the fulfillment of the minimum requirements of the offer.
- Selection: evaluation of the shortlisted candidates by a total score according to objective criteria.
- Final decision: If we find the right person, the resolution will be formally communicated and will be published in the CRM careers section.