Degree in Mathematics (1989) and PhD in Mathematics (1995) at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, within the area of dynamical
systems. He is Associate Professor at the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, within the UPC Group of Dynamical Systems. He was a
postdoctoral fellow at the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences (New York University) and Visiting Professor at New Jersey
Institute of Technology. From 2011 to 2015, he served as Deputy Director of the CRM; he also represented CRM in the Monitoring
Committee of BGSMath. His research is mainly devoted to neuroscience problems through modelling and simulations, with
special focus on the application of recent mathematical tools and the development of new mathematical results. He is currently
interested in several problems: (1) Study of synchronization in neuronal populations using invariant manifold's theory and response
curves associated to oscillators; (2) Network and slow-fast rate models to study the effects of short-term synaptic depression in brain activity; (3) Use of inference methods to estimate synaptic conductances in order to discern functional patterns of activity;
(4) Development and study of mathematical models to understand the factors that drive phenomena of multistable perception. Besides
neuroscience problems, he is also participating in research projects on population dynamics, modelling and analyzing models of prebiotic evolution (hypercycle theory).
- Mathematical and Computational Neuroscience
- Dynamical Systems
- Mathematical modelling in biology
- A Guillamon, R Prohens, AE Teruel, C Vich (2017). "Estimation of synaptic conductances in the spiking regime for the McKean neuron model", SIAM J Applied Dynamical Systems 16, 1397-1424.
- J Sardanyés, JT Lázaro, A Guillamon, E Fontich (2017). "Full Analysis of Small Hypercycles with Short-circuits in Prebiotic Evolution", Physica D 347, 90-108.
- M Desroches, A Guillamon, E Ponce, R Prohens, S Rodrigues, AE Teruel (2016). "Canards, Folded Nodes And Mixed-Mode Oscillations In Piecewise-Linear Slow-Fast Systems", SIAM Review 58, 653-691.
- A Guillamon, G Huguet (2009). "A computational and geometric approach to phase resetting curves and surfaces", SIAM Journal on Applied Dynamical Systems 8 (3), 1005-1042.
- A Guillamon, DW McLaughlin, J Rinzel (2006). “Estimation of synaptic conductances”, Journal of Physiology-Paris 100 (1), 31-42.