My name is Alberto Maione and I am a Maria de Maetzu Postdoctoral fellow (senior) at the Centre de Recerca Matemàtica (CRM) of Barcelona in the research group of Analysis & PDEs, hosted by Prof. Xavier Cabré.
I come from Italy, where in 2020 I received my PhD in Mathematics from the Universities of Trento and Verona. Under the supervision of Prof. Francesco Serra Cassano and Prof. Andrea Pinamonti I wrote a PhD thesis in Calculus of variations and Partial differential equations entitled "Variational convergences for functionals and differential operators depending on vector fields".
After the PhD I moved to Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany, where I held a postdoctoral position from January 2021 to September 2023, in the research group of Prof. Patrick Dondl funded by the project SPP 2256 "Variational Methods for Predicting Complex Phenomena in Engineering Structures and Materials" of the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG).
Calculus of variations - Relaxation, Γ-convergence and integral representations
Partial differential equations - Elliptic and parabolic equations (existence, uniqueness and asymptotic behaviour of solutions)
Nonlinear analysis - Variational methods (Mountain Pass theorem, Linking theorem, Saddle Point theorem)
Analysis on sub-riemannian manifolds - Carnot groups, Heisenberg groups
Material science - Nonlinear elasticity, multi-material models
- A. Maione, A. Pinamonti, F. Serra Cassano. Γ-convergence for functionals depending on vector fields. I. Integral representation and compactness. Journal de Mathématiques Pures et Appliquées, 2020 (139), 109-142.
- A. Maione, A. Pinamonti, F. Serra Cassano. Γ-convergence for functionals depending on vector fields. II. Convergence of minimizers. SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, 2022 (54), no. 6, 5761–5791.
- M. Capolli, A. Maione, A. M. Salort, E. Vecchi. Asymptotic behaviours in Fractional Orlicz-Sobolev spaces on Carnot groups. The Journal of Geometric Analysis, 2021 (31), no. 3, 3196–3229.
- A. Maione, D. Mugnai, E. Vecchi. Variational methods for nonpositive mixed local-nonlocal operators. Fractional Calculus and Applied Analysis, 2023 (26), no.3, 943-961.
- N. Cangiotti, M. Caponi, A. Maione, E. Vitillaro. Klein-Gordon-Maxwell equations driven by mixed local-nonlocal operators. Milan Journal of Mathematics, 2023 (91), no.2, 375-403.