I am a MdM-CRM Postdoctoral Fellow based at the Centre de Recerca Matemàtica.
In 2019 I obtained my PhD at McGill University and before coming to Barcelona I enjoyed postdoctoral positions at Princeton University, Columbia University (as a Simons Junior Fellow), and at MSRI/SLMath for the thematic program "Algebraic Cycles, L-values and Euler Systems".
My research revolves around the arithmetic elliptic curves and is motivated by the Birch and Swinnerton-Dyer conjecture. Recently, I have been exploring the significance of plectic ideas for the arithmetic of higher rank elliptic curves.
Personal webpage: https://sites.google.com/view/mfornea
- Arithmetic of elliptic curves
- Automorphic and p-adic L-functions
- (p-adic) Automorphic forms
- Euler systems
- Iwasawa theory
- Plectic conjectures
- M. Fornea, X. Guitart, and M. Masdeu. "Plectic p-adic invariants." Advances in Mathematics 406 (2022)
- M. Fornea, and L. Gehrmann. "Plectic Stark–Heegner points." Advances in Mathematics 414 (2023)
- M. Fornea, and L. Gehrmann. "On the algebraicity of polyquadratic plectic points." IMRN (2023)
- H. Darmon and M. Fornea. "Mock plectic invariants." Preprint.