Eva Miranda is a Full Professor in Geometry and Topology at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya-IMTech, attached to CRM-Barcelona, and Chercheur affilié at Observatoire de Paris. She is the director of the Laboratory of Geometry and Dynamical Systems at UPC and the group leader of the UPC Research group GEOMVAP (Geometry of Varieties and Applications).She has been distinguished with an ICREA Academia Prize in 2016 and a Chaire d'Excellence de la Fondation Sciences Mathématiques de Paris in 2017.
She is also an active member of the mathematical community as a member of international scientific panels and committees. She served as the EMS-SCM corresponding member in 2011-2017 and since 2017 she is a member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the CRM-Barcelona. Since May 2018 she is a member of the Governing Board of the Barcelona Graduate School of Mathematics and since 2020 she is a member of the Conseil d'Administration de l'Institut Henri Poincaré in Paris.
- Differential Geometry
- Symplectic Geometry
- Poisson Geometry
- Contact Geometry
- Mathematical Physics
- ICREA Academia 2016
- MTM2015-69135-P (MINECO/FEDER)
- 2017SGR932 (AGAUR)
- PID2019-103849GB-I00 / AEI / 10.13039/501100011033
10 most important publications in the last 10 years. Complete list in this link: https://web.mat.upc.edu/eva.miranda/nova/#PublishedPapers
- 1. V. Guillemin, E. Miranda and J. Weitsman, Jonathan Desingularizing bm-symplectic structures. Int.
Math. Res. Not. IMRN 2019, no. 10, 2981–2998.
- 2. V. Guillemin, E. Miranda and J. Weitsman, On geometric quantization of b-symplectic manifolds, Adv.
Math. 331 (2018), 941–951.
- 3. D. Bouloc, E. Miranda and N. Zung, Singular fibres of the Gelfand-Cetlin system on u(n). Philos. Trans.
Roy. Soc. A 376 (2018), no. 2131, 20170423, 28 pp.
- 4. A. Bolsinov, V. Matveev, E. Miranda and S. Tabachnikov, Open problems, questions and challenges in
finite-dimensional integrable systems Phil. Trans. Roy. Soc. A, 376 (2018), no. 2131, 20170430, 40
- 5. A. Kiesenhofer and E. Miranda, Cotangent models for integrable systems, Communications in Mathematical
Physics, Comm. Math. Phys. 350 (2017), no. 3, 1123–1145.
- 6. A. Kiesenhofer, E. Miranda and G. Scott, Action-angle variables and a KAM theorem for b-Poisson
manifolds, J. Math. Pures Appl. (9) 105 (2016), no. 1, 66–85.
- 7. V. Guillemin, E. Miranda, A. Pires and G. Scott, Toric actions on b-manifolds, Int Math Res Notices
IMRN (2015) 2015 (14): 5818–5848.
- 8. V. Guillemin, E. Miranda and A. Pires, Symplectic and Poisson Geometry on b-manifolds, Adv. Math.
264 (2014), 864–896.
- 9. E. Miranda, P. Monnier and N.T. Zung, Rigidity for Hamiltonian actions on Poisson manifolds, Adv.
Math. 229 (2012), no. 2, 1136-1179.
- 10. C. Laurent-Gengoux, E. Miranda and P. Vanhaecke, Action-angle coordinates on Poisson manifoLds, Int.
Math. Res. Not. IMRN 2011, no. 8, 1839-1869.