RESEARCH TECHNICIAN FOR COMPUTATIONAL NEUROSCIENCE (REF. 2021-004- P04300)
The Computational Neuroscience group at CRM is looking for a research technician to join its research team. This contract is envisaged to start on July 1st, 2021.
Applications will be accepted until June 11th, 2021
- Implement a neural network model in Python using the Brian2 library
- Prepare the code for execution in a HPC environment
- Write shell scripts and configure Linux workstations
- Master/PhD in Maths or Physics
- Experience in Linux administration, expert in Python programming (incl. parallel programming, high performance computing)
- Knowledge in numerical simulation of spiking neural network models
- Expected starting date: July 1st, 2021
- Duration of the contract until August 31st, 2021
- Full time contract, 37,5 hours per week
- Salary as established by collective agreement
EVALUATION PROCESS AND CRITERIA:
The selection process will be evaluated by the CRM Director or the CRM deputy director, Dr. Klaus Wimmer, as principal investigator of the Computational Neuroscience group, and another member from the research group. This process consists in:
1. Admission of candidates: applicants must submit a curriculum vitae and a cover letter by email at email@example.com, as well as address scientific enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org, until June 11th, 2021, indicating the reference code of the offer. The requests referred from another portal, other than the CRM job offers section and the instructions contained therein, will not be accepted.
2. Shortlist: assessment of the fulfilment of the minimum requirements of the offer.
3. Selection: evaluation of the shortlisted candidates by a total score according to objective criteria.
4. Final decision: If we find the right person, the resolution will be formally communicated and will be published in the CRM careers section.