RESEARCH TECHNICIAN FOR DYNAMICAL SYSTEMS IN BIOLOGY (REF. 2021-003- P04000)
The Nonlinear Dynamics and Evolution at the CRM is looking for a research technician to join the project Dynamical Systems in Biology. This contract is envisaged to start on May 17, 2021, and will last until May 17, 2022.
Applications will be accepted until May 5, 2021 at 17.00h
- Application of dynamical systems theory to biological problems
- Numerical integration of differential equations
- Analytical solution of equations
- Development of stochastic simulation models
- Presentation of results, in written and in graphical form
The ideal candidate has:
- Degree in Mathematics, Physics or Biomedical Engineering
- MSc in Mathematics, Physics or Biomedical Engineering
- A solid background in dynamical systems theory
- Command of English language
- High programming skills (low level language: C or C++ )
- Clarity of exposition of scientific results
- Motivation for research in mathematical modelling of biological problems
- Expected starting date: May 17, 2021
- Duration of the contract: 12 months
- Salary as established by collective agreement
EVALUATION PROCESS AND CRITERIA
The selection process will be evaluated by the CRM Director or the CRM deputy director, Dr. Josep Sardanyés, as principal investigator of the Nonlinear Dynamics and Evolution Laboratory, and another member from the research group. This process consists in:
1) Admission of candidates: applicants must submit a curriculum vitae and a cover letter by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as address scientific enquiries to email@example.com, until May 5, 2021 indicating the reference code of the offer. The requests referred from another portal, other than the CRM job offers section and the instructions contained therein, will not be accepted.
2) Shortlist: assessment of the fulfilment of the minimum requirements of the offer.
3) Selection: evaluation of the shortlisted candidates by a total score according to objective criteria.
4) Final decision: If we find the right person, the resolution will be formally communicated and will be published in the CRM careers section.