RESEARCH ASSISTANT IN COMPUTATIONAL NEUROSCIENCE (REF. 2022-024-P04390)
The Computational Neuroscience group at the CRM is looking for a Research assistant in computational neuroscience to join the project Choice Modulation. This contract is envisaged to start on December 15th, 2022 and will last until August 15th, 2023.
Applications will be accepted until November 30, 2022.
- Develop computational models of post-decision biases
- Implement neural network models in Python
- Run numerical simulations, prepare shell scripts, etc.
- Analysis of post-decision bias effects (in simulated and experimental data)
- Bachelor in Maths and/or Physics
- Experience in Python programming (incl. parallel programming, high performance computing)
- Knowledge in numerical simulation of spiking neural network models
- Fluent English
- High programming skills (Python or Matlab)
- Motivation for research in neuroscience
- Expected starting date: December 15, 2022.
- Duration of the contract until August 15th, 2023.
- Part time contract, 18,75 hours per week
- Salary as established by collective agreement
EVALUATION PROCESS AND CRITERIA
The selection process will be evaluated by the CRM Director or the CRM deputy director, Dr. Klaus Wimmer, as principal investigator of the Neuroscience Group, and another member from the research group. This process consists in:
1) Admission of candidates: applicants must submit a curriculum vitae and a cover letter by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as address scientific enquiries to email@example.com, until November 30, 2022, indicating the reference code of the offer. The requests referred from another portal, other than the CRM job offers section and the instructions contained therein, will not be accepted.
2) Shortlist: assessment of the fulfilment of the minimum requirements of the offer.
3) Selection: evaluation of the shortlisted candidates by a total score according to objective criteria.
4) Final decision: If we find the right person, the resolution will be formally communicated and will be published in the CRM careers section.