I hold a PhD in Applied Mathematics (2008, UPC). I was a postdoctoral fellow first at Centre de Recerca Matemàtica (2008-2009) and at the Center for Neural Science and Courant Institute at the New York University (2009-2012), where I enhanced my training in mathematical neuroscience by designing models in close contact with experimental labs. In 2013 I returned to UPC, first as a "Juan de la Cierva" research fellow (2013-2015) and since 2015 as a Ramon y Cajal researcher, enhancing the research line of computational neuroscience in the Dynamical Systems group at UPC. Along my career I did several research stays at Ohio State University and the University of Texas at Austin. In 2019 I received a beca Leonardo from the Fundación BBVA.
- Dynamical Systems
- Mathematical and Computational Neuroscience
- Numerical methods
- Gemma Huguet, Anoushka Joglekar, Leopold Matamba Messi, Richard Buckalew, Sarah Wong, and David Terman. Neuroprotective role of gap junctions in a neuron-astrocyte network model. Biophysical journal 111 (2), 452-462, 2016. 2.
- Gemma Huguet, Xiangying Meng, and John Rinzel. Phasic Firing and Coincidence Detection by Subthreshold Negative Feedback: Divisive or Subtractive or, Better, Both. Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience, 11, 3, 2017.
- Amadeu Delshams, Antoni Guillamon and Gemma Huguet. Quasi-periodic perturbations of heteroclinic attractor networks. Chaos 28(10):103111, 19pp, 2018 (Featured article).
- Alberto Perez-Cervera, Tere M-Seara and Gemma Huguet. A geometric approach to Phase Response Curves and its numerical computation through the parameterization method. Journal of Nonlinear Science, 29(6), pp 2877-2910, 2019.
- Alberto Perez-Cervera, Tere M-Seara and Gemma Huguet. Global phase-amplitude description of oscillatory dynamics via the parameterization method. Chaos 30, 083117, 2020.