Postdoctoral Position European Project (REF. 2022-009-P04460)
The MATHEMATICAL AND COMPUTATIONAL BIOLOGY GROUP (Nonlinear Dynamics and Evolution Lab) at the CRM is looking for a POSTDOC to join the project MPA4SUSTAINABILITY: Enhancing Marine Protected Areas’ role in restoring biodiversity while maintaining access to ecosystem services (ERA-NET COFUND, BiodivERsA EU’s Horizon 2020 Framework Programme for Research and Innovation - PCI-AEI). This contract is envisaged to start in OCTOBER 2022 and will last until OCTOBER 2024
Applications will be accepted until 21/09/2022.
- Mathematical modelling of marine protected areas (MPAs) and their socio-ecological dimension.
- Design and implementation of computational models for MPAs dynamics.
- Analytical and numerical research of the models in terms of asymptotic dynamics, bifurcations, sensitivity analysis, and transients.
- A PhD in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Biology.
- Strong background in Dynamical Systems theory.
- Strong expertise in numerical methods.
- Strong programming skills (low-level language such as C).
- At least 2 years of postdoctoral experience.
- Experience and publication record.
- English level.
- Teamworking capabilities.
- Expected starting date: 01/10/2022
- Duration of the contract until 01/10/2024
- Salary as established by collective agreement
EVALUATION PROCESS AND CRITERIA
The selection process will be evaluated by the CRM Director or the CRM deputy director, Dr. Josep Sardanyés, as principal investigator of the Nonlinear Dynamics and Evolution Lab, and another member of the research group. This process consists in:
1) Admission of candidates: applicants must submit a curriculum vitae and a cover letter by email at email@example.com, as well as address scientific enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org, until 21 September 2022, indicating the reference code of the offer. The requests referred from another portal, other than the CRM job offers section and the instructions contained therein, will not be accepted.
2) Shortlist: assessment of the fulfilment of the minimum requirements of the offer.
3) Selection: evaluation of the shortlisted candidates by a total score according to objective criteria.
4) Final decision: If we find the right person, the resolution will be formally communicated and will be published in the CRM careers section.