CRM Doctoral Training Unit (UFD-CRM)
The CRM offers you the possibility to engage yourself in a PhD Dissertation project within a research group or thematic network of CRM. Doctoral students of CRM are enrolled in the CRM-Doctoral Training Unit (UFD-CRM), whose features are:
- Students will join the UFD for a maximum period of 3,25 years. During the first three months students will be on probation on an internship grant. During this period, students will be in contact with the different groups of the CRM. Having successfully completed probation, supervisor and PhD project will be agreed upon and a formal three year contract will start. In case of collaborative PhD projects, students may be assigned a co-supervisor from another institution.
- Contracts will be renewed every year for a maximum of three years. Renewal will be subject to positive evaluation.
- An essential requirement for admission to the UFD is to fulfill the requisites to be admitted to a doctoral programme in Mathematics in a Catalan university (See here).
- The UFD will have its own programme of activities consisting of:
* A cycle of advanced courses to be given by CRM researchers and/or collaborators from the thematic networks. These courses will be integrated within the Barcelona Graduate School of Mathematics, and thus made available to all the PhD students of the Barcelona area. The subjects of these courses will be of general interest for all students.
* A junior seminar organised by the students on a monthly basis and attended only by junior researchers (PhD students and postdocs). The organisation and running of this seminar series will be responsibility of the PhD students.
* An annual workshop where students will present reports of the current state of their theses.
- PhD students at CRM will become automatically enrolled in the Barcelona Graduate School of Mathematics (See here).
- The UFD will be coordinated by Alvaro Corral (email@example.com) with the support of the CRM direction team.
About fellowships and contracts
Depending on the research projects being carried on and availability of resources, the research groups and thematic networks of CRM may advertise their own PhD position calls. CRM promotes too industrial doctorate training projects in the framework of the Industrial Doctorate Plan of the Catalan government (See here
If you are interested, please send a motivation letterto firstname.lastname@example.org,
including your CV and academic record. CRM will keep you updated of our Doctoral Projects calls and can help you applying for a doctoral grant from funding agencies by acting as a host institution.
They are intended to reflect the research interests of the applied mathematics groups with the CRM, namely Industrial Mathematics, Complex Systems, Computational and Mathematical Biology and Computational Neuroscience.
Given the diverse nature of the groups, seminars can cover a variety of research topics and will provide a forum for the presentation of results, not only by established researchers but also post-docs and PhD students, thus contributing to their training.
See Camp Seminars
for more information.