I am a postdoctoral researcher in the Mathematical Biology group working on Phylogenetics under the supervision of Marta Casanellas.
Previously I was a postdoctoral researcher at the School of Engineering Sciences of KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm where I worked with Kathlén Kohn. I finished my PhD at the University of Copenhagen in the MBIO group lead by Elisenda Feliu.
My research lies in the field of Applied Algebraic Geometry, and I am interested in the use of algebraic and geometric tools to understand problems in other areas. I have projects in Chemical Reaction Networks, Computer vision, and now Phylogenetics!
- Breiding, P., Rydell, F., Shehu, E. and Torres, A. Line Multiview Varieties. (Submitted)(arXiv)
- Meshkat, N., Shiu, A., Torres, A. Absolute concentration robustness in networks with low-dimensional stoichiometric subspace. Vietnam Journal of Mathematics . 2021. (arXiv)
- Torres, A. and Feliu, E. Symbolic proof of bistability in reaction networks.SIAM J. Appl. Dyn. Syst., 20(1), 1–37. 2020.(arXiv)
- Obatake, N., Shiu, A., Tang, X. and Torres, A. Oscillations and bistability in a model of ERK regulation. J. Math. Biol. 2019. (arXiv)
Science communication publications
- Torres,A. Geometría algebraica y triangulación de líneas en visión artificial. Paskín matemático, 4, 2022.
- Pascual-Escudero, B and Torres, A. Herramientas algebraicas y combinatorias para el estudio de sistemas dinámicos polinomiales. La Gaceta de la RSME, 25(2), 2022.