I started as assistant in the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB), where I joined the PhD program in Mathematics under the supervision of Prof. Jaume Aguadé. I finished the PhD in 2001, and from February 2002 to January 2003 I had a postdoc position in Université Paris 13. Since 2007 I am associate professor in the UAB.
I have done research stays at Université Paris 13, Centre Bernoulli (EPFL – Lausanne), Insitut Mittag-Leffler, University of Copenhagen and University of Kyoto.
I have advised the PhD thesis of Toni Lozano, defended in April 2016.
- Exotic examples of p-local finite groups-
- Classifying spaces of finite groups, compact groups and Kac-Moody groups.
- Mapping spaces between classifying spaces.
- Cohomological unicity of classifying spaces
• Bob Oliver, Albert Ruiz: “Reduced fusion systems over p-groups with abelian subgroup of index p: III”. Proc. Roy. Soc. Edinburgh Sect. A (2020) 150(3), 1187-1239.
• Alex Gonzalez, Toni Lozano, Albert Ruiz: “Some new examples of p-local compact groups”. Publ. Mat. 63 (2019), no. 2, 445-489.
• Albert Ruiz: “Exotic normal fusion subsystems of General Linear Groups”. J. London Math. Soc. (2) 76 (2007) 181-196.
• Albert Ruiz, Antonio Viruel: “The classification of p-local finite groups over the extraspecial group of order p3 and exponent p”. Math. Z. 248 (2004), no. 1, 45-65.
• Jaume Aguadé, Albert Ruiz: “Maps between classifying spaces of Kac-Moody groups”. Adv. Math. 178 (2003), no. 1, 66-98.